Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Reviews for Weatherwise Pro Home Wireless Weather Station

Review #1: "Couldn't be happier. The Weatherwise product had more features than comparable items at about at half the price. Would definitely recommend!"

Review #2: "I've owned the Weatherwise Station for over two and half years. I emailed their customer service department with a warranty support issue and they sent me a replacement part right away. Now that is what I call great customer service."

Review #3: "Love this weather station. We have gotten a lot of good use out of this unit. My husband was thrilled when got this as a gift last year. It has been a nice addition to our household."

1 comment:

  1. I've had this product for one year and it officially went in the trash today. I purchased this figuring it would make a great entry-level personal weather station. After the first month, the wind speed gauge (Anemometer) bearings went out and I was able to contact Ambient Weather through their eBay account (where I purchased the unit from) and they happily supplied me a new one. The unit worked great until late fall/early winter (about 5 months) which is when (I assume) that the solar power wasn't enough to keep the rechargeable batteries charged and the unit then quit sending data to the receiver. Not caring to set up a ladder in the snow to get the unit down to change batteries, I waited until a decent day in February. I got the unit down, replaced the batteries with 2 new AA's and got the unit working again. Despite the few sunny days, the transmitter, again, quit sending data after a couple days. Frustrated, I left it alone, until today, a nice warm sunny day in May. I got the unit down to (again) change the batteries and the transmitter is no longer sending a signal to the receiver - Even after doing a reset on the station and the base. After I changed the batteries, I also noticed that the wind speed direction gauge bearings have went out and it no longer turns freely. Rather than spend money on a replacement gauge ($20) that was going to be a gamble, and hope that the transmitter would start working again, I found it a new home instead - In the trash bin.

    In a nutshell - Spend a few extra dollars on a nice, quality unit and save yourself some grief... Unless, of course, you're looking for an entry level weather station that you plan on admiring for a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete